Well in my opinion never…
And yes I’m being completely objective.
I cannot stress enough the ramification to you, other people and property by incorrectly using pesticides.
As you know, a pesticide, by definition is “any substance used to kill, repel, or control certain forms of plant or animal life that are considered to be pests”.
So why do unlicensed people try to do their own pest control?
- Fear of what it would cost to have a professional do it
- Easily accessible to purchase pesticides at a store
- Thinking that using their own products will kill them quicker by applying lots more of it
- Being covert. Not wanting other people seeing a pest control truck in their driveway or a uniformed pest control technician in their home or building
Now before I came to into this industry over 20 years ago, I had that same thought process: Why pay someone to kill ants or mice when I can do it myself?
Please let me stop you by saying that’s far from the truth.
By hiring a professional pest control company, they would eliminate the fear of the unknown:
- What the insect is
- What to use
- How much of it to use
- Where to place it
- Being environmentally safe
Again, before you try to do it yourself, think twice. You might be harming yourself, your family and the environment.